Saturday, July 19, 2008

Katie's Summer Bag Must-Haves!

Except for the basic bag essentials like my phone, keys, and wallet, there are a few things that I find necessary for the summer.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs - Totally Turn-lock Quinn in Mouse Gray. I need a big bag, and this is definitely big enough for all of my crap!
2. Summer Hat - Pink hat I got from BP. in Nordstrom. It was $14.99 or so and I got it in Royal Blue also. Can't find the blue one, though... I think a hat in the summer is ESSENTIAL. Being a cosmetologist, although I want my hair to look perfect at all times, I want my hair to stay healthy and one way is to wear a hat to somewhat protect it from the sun. I have a ton of hats.
3. Sunnies - Protect those eyes from the damaging sun rays! I got these at For Love 21, the Forever 21 accessories store.
4. M.A.C. Charged Water - OMG. It gets so ridiculously hot out, so best way to stay cool is to spritz yourself. Keep this in the fridge overnight and take before you leave the house. When you're hot and need a temporary cool-down, SPRAY! If at the beach with a cooler - pop it in the ice and spray when needed. Because lets be honest, we don't always go for the water... ;)
5. Daisy by Marc Jacobs - I love the fresh floral scent of this, and your man will too. The heat will make it linger!
6. Headband - If you're anything like me, and human, you get hot in the summer sun. I use a headband to push my hair back when its just too unbearable to wear down. This one has elastic laced through to help it hold better.
7. M.A.C. Dazzleglass in Baby Sparks - The glitter in this gloss will set that pout aflame and cause those lips to look plump!
8. M.A.C. Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo in Fresh Green Mix - This duo is fun and perfect for summer, and what's better than getting 2 great colors in one easy to carry compact?
9. M.A.C. Strobe Cream - I love shimmery skin, and this face cream gives you that, without looking greasy or like you fell into a pool of glitter.
10. Sephora Express Smily Lips - I love this lip conditioner that I got in Barcelona, but unfortunately they only have it in European Sephora stores. It moisturizes and leaves the lips sooo soft. If you're in the US like us, I suggest Burt's Bee's Beeswax Lip Balm.
11. Visine Eye Drops - If you get red itchy eyes or your eyes water a lot (or are very dry), Visine makes so many different formulas that work and leave eyes feeling like new.
12. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara - I have a ton of lashes that are already really curly (I know, why should I complain?) but they are so short and light that it doesn't even matter, so I use this mascara to plump them and make them more noticeable.
13. Arizona Lemonade - Summer = Lemonade, in my opinion, so I loooove Arizona's Lemonade. There is NOTHING better than the taste of fresh squeeze lemonade on a hot day, but when I don't have lemons handy (which is always, haha) I grab a can of this to quench my thirst. But, there is still is nothing that beats the fresh squeezed stuff, especially from state fairs! Yummmm!

No comments: